Ever since Satoru Iwata's passing, it was uncertain to tell if Nintendo Direct would return in any form, but Nintendo surprised all of us when they said that they would still continue. This is the first Direct that they have shown since E3 and it still has its usual charm and humor, plus it still has that informative news that we Nintendo fans crave. So without further ado, here's the Nintendo Direct of November 12, 2015.
However if you're like me and don't usually have the time to watch forty-five minutes of news, here's a quick recap for you.
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD was officially confirmed and is available to pre-order in a special bundle edition that includes a Wolf Link & Midna amiibo. A bonus soundtrack pre-order bonus will also be included at some retailers.
- The Legend of Zelda: TriForce Heroes will be receiving a major update that adds a massive brand new dungeon and two new costumes.
- Super Mario Maker will now have a portal site that will make it easier to find specific stages and makers.
- Fire Emblem Fates will be released in two versions with a third DLC pack along the way, and also as a special collector's edition that has all three versions plus an art book and a 3DS pouch.
- Splatoon will be receiving yet another major update that will add two more stages and many more clothes and accessories. A special site for the game will also be launched for it soon that will allow you to track the stats of yourself and other players.
- Hyrule Warriors Legends confirmed a new character in the form of Linkle, who was originally a piece of concept art for a gender-swapped Link.
- Nintendo Badge Arcade was shown off in minor detail.
- Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow versions will be coming to the 3DS Virtual Console early 2016.
- Mega Man Legacy Collection will be coming to the 3DS as well and will be compatible with the Mega Man amiibo and the special Gold Mega Man amiibo only included in the collector's edition version of the game.
- Pokemon Picross was announced and will be released as a free-to-play title.
- Pokken Tournament was confirmed to include a special Shadow Mewtwo amiibo card in first run production copies of the game.
- Star Fox Zero has a new release date of April 22, 2016.
- Final Fantasy Explorers, Dragon Quest VII, and Dragon Quest VIII (all for the 3DS) have been confirmed to be coming westward. A collector's edition of Final Fantasy Explorers will also be available for pre-order.
- Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival has a confirmed release date of November 13, 2015
- The currently unnamed Zelda title for the Wii U now has a 2016 release date.
- Many new details for various indie and big name titles that have already been announced earlier in the year.
- And last, but not least, Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy VII has been confirmed to be the next DLC character for Super Smash Bros for 3DS/Wii U
I hope that'll slake your collective thirsts for new Nintendo info for the next few weeks. I know I'm good, but maybe Nintendo will announce something special for the holidays if this wasn't enough for you. But until then, I'll be seeing you.