It's been nearly 4 years, but the wait is finally over; Animal Crossing: New Leaf finally got an update, and boy is it a big one. Everyone knew that the update would include amiibo functionality, but I don't think anyone would have expected all of the other features that were shown off in the video below.
Now the amiibo features that everyone knew about were kind of obvious. You would scan an Animal Crossing amiibo card and you would get a temporary villager that you could persuade to move into your town. But there was a lot more added beyond that that actually would want old players to come back in full force. Here is a quick recap of the features that were shown off in the Direct.
- A new room can now be added to your house that you can access at any time and can be used to contact Wisp who will allow you to scan your amiibo of choice. This room can also be decorated in the same fashion as how you can in Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer. In addition, if you have save data from Happy Home Designer, you can now order extra large furniture from your catalog.
- An expanded campground site for RV's (run by a new character named Harvey) was added to allow new villagers to visit. 50 new amiibo cards will be produced featuring characters with these new RV's and will also allow exclusive special villagers and furniture based around Splatoon and The Legend of Zelda.
- Two new minigames were added being Desert Island Escape which was first included in Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival and Animal Crossing Puzzle League which is better known as Tetris Attack to fans of the classic game. These games can be respectively accessed from the new Wii U and 3DS furniture items.
- Daily missions are now added to your Town Pass Card that, when completed, will give you a new form of currency called MEOW Coupons (Mutual Exchange Of Wealth) which you receive from the new CAT Machine (Coupon Allocating Terminal) which then can be exchanged for brand new furniture and goods that cannot be bought at the shops.
- An amiibo Camera feature was added that will allow you to take pictures with animated versions of the amiibo figures that you can scan in.
- And finally, if you wish to start over from scratch, there is a brand new feature where you can now sell your town to Tom Nook and start a new game with the profits already in your bank.
With all of these features added in the new update, which is now live by the way, it makes the game feel fresh and new again. I for one will likely be playing New Leaf even more now and I hope that if you have the game, you would download it as well. But until then, I'll be seeing you.
Edited by Gilgamesh