Now I know this isn't my usual territory when it comes to recapping news, but I figure since it was presented like a Nintendo Direct, then it is good enough to be recapped like one. This time Nintendo showcased a ton of indie games that would be coming to the Switch in the coming months; some we already knew about, and some that we weren't expecting. You can see for yourself in the video below.
Now while this isn't especially long for presenting new games, I'm sure a lot of you just want to skim this article for the key bullet points. So let's get started.
- First up was the unexpected surprise that Super Meat Boy would be getting an official sequel in the form of an auto runner platforming game called Super Meat Boy Forever. It will release some time in 2018.
- The King Knight campaign for Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove was officially revealed and would feature a brand new card battling minigame as half of its story. Shovel Knigh: King of Cards will release early 2018.
- An unusual puzzle game called Mom Hid My Game was announced and will launch later this year.
- A golf themed RPG called Golf Story was revealed and will launch exclusively on the Switch this September.
- A new rhythm game called Floor Kids was announced where the main focus is break-dancing. It will launch this holiday season.
- A beat-em-up game inspired by medieval history called Wulver Blade was announced and will launch this September.
- The popular Steam game Poly Bridge was revealed to be coming to the Switch and would release this holiday season.
- Kentucky Route Zero was revealed to be getting a Switch port and will be released early in 2018.
- An unusual underwater shoot-em-up game called Earth Atlantis will be coming out on the Switch first this Autumn.
- A community driven action game called Next Up Hero was announced and will launch early next year.
- We finally get a launch date for Steamworld Dig 2 being September 21 of this year.
- A new adventure game inspired by the culture of the Tarahumara tribes called Mulaka was announced and will be released early next year.
- A very cute looking action/puzzle game called Yono and the Celestial Elephants was announced. It will launch exclusively on the Switch on October 12.
- A very arcadey action RPG called Dragon Marked for Death was revealed and will launch this winter.
- Adult Swim Games announced a new game they would be publishing called Battle Chef Brigade which is part combo-heavy action game and part match-3 puzzle game. It will launch this holiday season.
- A brand new team-based shooter was revealed called Morphies Law in which shooting your opponents steals their mass and adds it to your own. It will launch this winter.
- Sausage Sports Club, a game where you duke it out as one of 4 floppy animal friends, will launch this Autumn.
- A procedurally generated action board game called Light Fingers was announced and will be coming out early in 2018.
- A fantasy action RPG, not unlike Diablo, called Nine Parchments was revealed and will launch this holiday season.
- And finally, a brand new game in the No More Heroes series was officially revealed called Travis Strikes Again and it appears to be a collaborative effort between Suda51 and potential indie devs. It will be coming out some time in 2018.
Now while that was the last of the direct, there were some other games shown off on Nintendo's official YouTube channel that weren't shown in the main video. You can see them in the sizzle reel here. I am especially excited for the new No More Heroes game and I'm sure it's going to be one helluva ride once its released, but until then, I'll be seeing you.